Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bentos for 16.7.08

Sassy bento 16.7.08

Leftovers bento but really this is the way to economize on the rising costs of groceries. Besides, I'm a damned good cook and my food deserves to be eaten - every damned crumb.

Top has mini spring rolls, okra, mini hot dogs, leftover roast pork loin with soy and ginger, carrots and sugar snap peas.

Bottom has strawberries, a string cheese, apple flavoured school bar - Ha! the shop lowered the price by nearly .30p since it's school vacation - mixed nuts, and a mini chuppa chups lollipop.

Husband bento 16.7.08

Another leftovers bento, but really this is the way to economize on the rising costs of groceries. Besides, I'm a damned good cook and my food deserves to be eaten - every damned crumb.

Top has the extra of mixed roasted nuts, apple, tangerine.

Middle has a spring roll cut in half on top of mixed rocket salad, roast soy and ginger pork, red pepper and okra. I put a spoon full of cooking juices for a mix-in dressing.

Bottom has carrots, plum tomatoes, mini hot dogs (I tried to make one look like a mouse and quit after the ears) and sugar snap peas. I put some cream cheese topped with nanami togarashi for dipping.,
He'll get a surprise of a chocolate croissant for his breakfast sitting on top of his bento in the fridge. I made them the cheap and easy way: Buy the ready made dough that pops from a tube and fill it with shaved chocolate and slivered, toasted almonds before rolling up and cooking. So easy. So good. So cheap. Family will think you're brilliant.

2 comments:

Linlin said...

What the heck is a school bar?!

Lyvvie said...

I get this a lot - it's a bar of pressed fruit. It's the cut up green thing in the wee yellow cup. The brand name is School Bar from the Fruit Bowl company.

they're all right. Everyone else loves them. I find them too much like plasticine.