Sunday, July 20, 2008

Husband Bento 21.7.08

Three Girls Lunch

We're off to the Sport Center this morning as I like my time in the gym and the kids get to play in the creche. I made snack boxes that are light so they have snacks, but may still have an appetite for lunch later.

Top left is my salad with mixed salad greens, spinach, raw okra, red pepper and sirloin steak with home made dressing of sesame oil, soy and rice vinegar.

Pink and Bear bento both have rolled honey ham, carrots, cucumber, sugar snap peas and a school bar. Teddy one has a pickle, Pink one has vitamins.



Husband bento 21.7.08



I hate having to use my flash on the bento, but I make these the night before (the 20th) and overhead light just isn't enough.

Husband gets a treat of sirloin steak for lunch. I managed to get two fat fillets for a great price so we shared one for dinner, and the other will be shared for lunch. Steak on wasabi rice with sesame furikake. Salad dressing of rice vinegar, sesame seed oil and soy sauce.

Bottom has mixed salad of spinach, okra, carrot, red pepper, mange tout and black and white sesame seeds. Blueberries and strawberries.

Apple, clemetine and salted cashews.

3 comments:

jomamma said...

I'm going on a search for bento boxes tomorrow... This is so cool. I'm wondering how to load salsa and chips! This is Texas after all, we eat chili on everything.

Lyvvie said...

You're lucky! You have access to many online places. Ichiban kan, Amazon, lots! Go to Biggie's site again as she has a large link list of retailers for bento. You'll be floored. It's an obsessive hobby.

Then again, you don't have to get caught up in all the cute. You can do just fine with lock&lock that I'm sure you can get at Walmart.

But of course you must share whatever you do purchase with pictures. It's a bento club rule.

Shorty said...

i didn't you you could okra raw! its so pretty in the salad!