Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Snack boxes

Snack boxes

We three girls went to the Sports center again today. While I was in the gym, the girls were in the creche having a great time in the play garden, water table and painting.

Top one is Shorty's and has sliced pickle, sunflower seeds, carrot sticks, sliced hot dog and strawberries.

Bottom L has giant strawberry, cashews, carrot sticks, cheese butterflies, salami hearts and sliced hot dog.

Right has my mixed salad of rocket and spinach with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot and leftover bits of cheese and salami. Dressing has rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil.

Husband got a sandwich and fruit which I didn't bother to photograph.

2 comments:

jomamma said...

Showed my Bento box to the 22yr old son tonight and explained how to pack it. His comment... cool, you can get a lot of food in there! He's so funny... he really liked the chopsticks that came with it. I'll have to show him your blog so he can get the real idea.

Lyvvie said...

It's great that you can get a decent lunch into one of those boxes and still save space, focus on nutrition, save money using leftovers and maintain portion control.

As a person who has gone from starved until underweight in my teens to compulsive over eater when pregnant - this has been a real help for me with coping with my anxiety about food and gaining control in a healthy and positive way.

When do we get to see your new bento with it's fabulous chili lunch inside it??