Friday, August 8, 2008

Sassy Bento 08.08.08

Sassy Bento 08.08.08

Tried out my new nigiri maker and love it! Makes fve ata time and is very easy. Will use more in the future.

Top has vitamins and and edible joke - complete with cartoon rubber duck. Aren't I crafty? Not! (Yes, I spelled Moneypenny wrong; sue me.) (Yes the joke has more grown-up appeal. Especially the quote. She won't get it)

Middle has a sausage, babybel, blueberries, granola bar and a mini lollipop.

Bottom has salt and bonito rice balls with nori and mange tout.

At the last minute I worried there wasn't enough food so I added a heart shaped hard boiled egg in a small container. My shaped eggs never come out right. The eggs are either too big or too small and don't look nice. Bums me out. Any egg shaping suggestions?

6 comments:

Shorty said...

Man, i love your jokes

i just wanted to let you know that the polenta, is a bit "dense" but i think makes a nice little round to put stuff on...

i'm going to work on my own jokes/quotes this weekend...well, actually, i'm going to see if i can get my hubby to do it...

Jomamma (judith) said...

I got my package from Ichiban Kan!
Cool stuff. I'll try to send you a picture of all of it.

Jomamma (judith) said...

Hey I did it, now I know the secret!

nobu said...

"Bubble07",It's great!! I love it.

I like thoes bite size rice balls, thoes are easy to eat.
Inside dried bonito?

Lyvvie said...

I get most of the jokes from the internet. Problem is if I forget when I've already used one and repeat.

I can't wait to see what you've got Jomamma!!

Nobu, the rice was cooked with bonito flakes, and I just left them in the rice. Sassy said she likes it. Who am I to complain. We really like bonito flakes. I love getting deep fried tofu at our favourite Japanese restaurant because they put bonito flakes on top and they curl and wiggle in the heat. Such a cool effect.

Nada said...

I have the same issue when I am molding eggs. If you figure it out please share!