Monday, September 1, 2008

Bento for 01.09.08

Bento for 1.09.08

Three bento for three of us.

Sassy gets the green tub with a mini hamburger, sausages, ginger soy ham, sugar snap peas, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and a babybel. she also gets an apple, fruit and oat bar and marshmallow. Sassy gets a high protein lunch because she's doing two weeks of after school athletics and will need the extra for muscles and stamina.

Husband gets three mini hamburgers, red pepper, spinach salad, cherry tomatoes and sesame seeds. A dressing of soy sauce and chili vinegar. Bottom has sausages, cheese, mixed nuts and an apple and oat bar with a marshmallow sweet.

The small tub in the corner is for me. I go to the gym on a Monday and this is my post workout meal. I weight lift so it's important for me plus it stops me having mad cravings in the afternoon. I have two mini hamburgers, a few pieces of left over duck breast, sugar snap peas, red pepper and an ounce of low fat cheese. I will probably have half of it right after and then the rest an hour later before lunch. As you can see, by the time I get around to my own bento is much less bento and more like food tossed into a tub. I should spoil myself a bit more, don't you think?



Bento Booty!

I caved into my impulse shopping desires and bought some Bento Booty from J-List.

From Left: Hello Kitty veggie shapers, Hello Kitty training chopsticks (For Sassy), mini rice presses in square and triangle shapes, Pikachu onigiri mould, mini animal shapers, faces nori cutters and an octodog cutter. The octodog cutter is for large hot dogs and not for cocktail sausages like I'd planned but I'm sure two ends of a standard hot dog can be accommodated.

3 comments:

Jomamma (judith) said...

Fun toys... I can't wait till Jolea comes home, I'm taking her to the Asian markets. I think it will be more fun with two people who don't know what the hell they are looking at.

Ms. _____ 2 be ! said...

Wooo...new cool bento accessories.
I think I will hold back on bento shopping for a while. Been ordering too much lately.

Sile said...

I have used the octodog cutter on cocktail weenies, so it WILL work! You just have to watch how far down you push it. :)