Monday, September 15, 2008

Bento for 16.09.08

Bento for 16.09.08

Deviled eggs. Hooray! Not vile anymore! *I am very tired...* I made these with cream cheese and not mayo and topped them with chicken seasoning as I only have hot paprika. The chicken is from tonight's dinner and I pulled nice chunks from all over. Carrot flowers - fail! But taste nice. Cherry tomatoes, almonds. A blueberry fruit&grain bar and marshmallow sweets.

And snow peas for separators!

I'm going to sleep now.

There's lettuce in there too because I like it. The humble iceberg is much maligned but it's my favourite.

4 comments:

jmc said...

I would never have thought to make deviled eggs with cream cheese, but those look really good. The family recipe (never to be violated, otherwise there is rebellion at family gatherings) includes mayo, mustard and relish.

Was on vacation last week, so I packed no bentos. Kind of missed it, and am looking forward to getting myself organized and back into packing my lunch.

nobu said...

Are you tired?
But I think this is a nice Bento.

Does "deviel egg" means spicy boiled egg?

Lyvvie said...

I used cream cheese because both Husband and Sassy don't like mayonnaise. The eggs came out very nice with cream cheese, but it take a lot of it to get a smooth consistency. Tastes much the same I think, and less oily. (Still good for low carbers too)

I hope you had an awesome vacation. I really need to get your parcel sent off. On the ToDo list for this week.

Nobu - Deviled egg is when you remove the yolk and mash it up with mayonnaise, mustard and paprika - There are a lot of recipes for how to dress the yolk. I love the sound of mayo and horseradish cream. Then the yolk mixture is put back into the egg white. Here's a link full of deviled egg recipes!

nobu said...

Thanks, lyvvie!!