Friday, September 19, 2008

Bento for 18.09.08

Bento for 18.09.08

Finally got around to using the Pikachu rice mould for Sassy's lunch. It was a wee bit confusing to figure out, but I got there in the end. Shame the picture is so yellow but I either had it over exposed, or under and never just right. It's rained al week so the natural light sucks and it's dark so early...yes yes bitch bitch.

Anyways, the pikachu has a sausage in the middle and I painted the face with a diluted bit of turmeric in water, nori, red pepper and ketchup. A hard boiled egg, cheese flower and carrot flowers, super sweet cherry tomatoes, cocktail sausages and iceberg lettuce on the bottom

3 comments:

Jomamma (judith) said...

I made my first onigiri from rice today! It was a triangle that I dipped the edges in egg and chicken furitaki and the flat sides I dipped in roasted sesame seeds. I didn't know how well I'd like the furitake so I sprinkled some Mrs. Dash in the bottom of the bento, gave it a little kick... I'm used to Mexican food remember, lots of chili. It was pretty good!

I think I'll try sausage in one next week. Thanks for the ideas.

mirage2g said...

Your kid would surely love eating during lunch or recess...I would love to try this too, but the kids get their food from the school so I dont think I can =D

Beautiful pikachu's face!

3lilangels said...

The pikachu is very nicely done. My 6 yr old said the she totally loved this bento.