Monday, September 1, 2008

Bentos for 02.09.08

Bento for 2.09.08

Family bento again.

Top left is my bento for post workout. I have carrot butterflies, snow peas, cheese shavings, cherry tomatoes and red pepper wrapped in sandwich steak.

Husband gets the fancy top right box with two onigiri both have an egg wrapped sausage inside and the rice was made with chili vinegar from a jar of Peppadew. One has red shiso and sesame the other has sesame and salt but as it was a wetter onigiri I wrapped it in nori to keep it together. Cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas and sandwich steak wrapped around mini sausages. Red pepper and cheese decoration.

Sassy gets mini onigiri, egg covers two slices of honey ham, cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas and ketchup writing (from a sauce bottle). Bottom has marshmallow, babybel, fruit bar and some mini sausages.

6 comments:

Jomamma (judith) said...

So... what does the baby get? A Big Mac?

nobu said...

I've never seen such as small onigiri. i't pretty.

Shorty said...

love the faces!!

Bento Pet said...

Always looking delicious!!

Lyvvie said...

My wee Shorty get s plate with some cut up veggies. I know I should bento for her as well as she was the inspiration for all of this bento love in the first place.

Arigatou gozaimasu, Nobu!

Shorty, those are the new face punches! I loooove them!

Thanks Bento Pet!

Lyvvie said...

I did just make it sound my daughter is a rabbit. She gets the same things her sister gets in her lunch (not egg of course) but I don't put them in a box, and I get lazy and just give minimal shapes and such which is Naughty! And now I have Guilt!

Poor Shorty.