Monday, October 20, 2008

Bento for 21.10.08

Bento for 21.10.08

Not many bento coming from my kitchen lately. The kids are on school vacation and I've been mean giving Husband sandwiches most days. But today I got my thumb out and made him a bento.

Top has stir fry turkey breast with sugar snap peas and baby brussels sprouts. Don't make a face - they're really sweet and nice and I'm usually the one making the face over sprouts but those are great. Basmati rice with wasabi furikake.

Bottom has strawberries, snow peas, mixed nuts and a wedge of brie.

The tub on the left has a muffin sized homemade apple pie. I got the idea here. Bookmark her blog she's amazing. The right side has Scottish oatcakes for spreading the cheese and strawberries on.

The wee pies were fucking brilliant.

4 comments:

Para i familiaku said...

I did bookmark her blog, looks like it would be a recipe resource for me.. Thanks for sharing!

Jomamma said...

Thanks, those look amazing... wonder how well they freeze?

And the bento looks good too.

nobu said...

OOh, sweet.....

Shorty said...

I used to have a little pie maker thing that made indidual pies, and i would make personal apple pie all the time...

lovely bento - as always!!