Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bento for 22.10.08

Bento for 22.10.08

This bento has strawberries and blueberries, mixed nuts and raisins, home made protein flapjack which I followed from a bodybuilder's website and it's really dry and must be eaten with a huge cup of coffee to soften it up but it tastes all right as it was made to encourage Husband to eat something for breakfast. I won't share the recipe as they're not nice enough to make again.

Bottom has what tastes like blackened Cajun turkey breast but what I used was Thai 7 spice, pepper and kalonji seeds which I love - they're black onion seeds and used a lot in Indian cooking. I fried the spices up dark in a small amount of oil and then fried turkey breast steaks in the spiced pan. They were amazing. Comes with white sticky rice and mirin furikake

He got an apple and blueberry pie for dessert. Husband IM'd me in the afternoon to tell me how great his lunch was. then he told me again that night, so blackened turkey with mini pie is a hit with the Man.

1 comment:

Shorty said...

I love the shapes in the rice!!