Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Surf-n-Turf Bake Bento

Surf-n-Turf Bake
Today's' bento has the surf-n-turf bake, red pepper, sugar snap peas, seafood stick, sausage, and gigantic raisins. A side of gingernut biscuits, fruit bar and a breadstick and cheese dunker.

Surf-n-Turf bake is a miniature pie made with eggs whisked with salt and pepper, cocktail sausages, a whole seafood stick and then topped with shredded cheese.

I should've put the cheese on before putting in the oven, but I waited until halfway through cooking. It didn't brown nicely as a result.

So next time, cheese goes on before they go in the oven. I should also add a bit of cream or yogurt in there to give it a bit more substance. They end up like flat souffles. Still tasted really nice. (even if the egg on the inside went that funny green/grey colour)

Surf-n-Turf Bake Bento

6 comments:

Jomamma said...

That's interesting...

Overboard said...

very........
;)

Jomamma said...

I'm not much on mixing my genres. My smokies must stand on their own. I'm not saying I wouldn't try it.

Lyvvie said...

Smokies?

I know a surf-n-turn should be steak but I wasn't going to waste a god bit of sirloin for this. Besides the kids prefers sausages over steak - weirdo.

Smokies are sausages?

Jomamma said...

Little Smokies are tiny little smoked sausages. Wow, you should see that word before I clean it up... you know the keyboard problem. saasuassagesa.

Shorty said...

Great idea on the s&t pies!