Monday, December 15, 2008

Bento for 15.12.08

Bento for 15.12.08

Husband and Sassy get matching bento today, although slightly different.

Sassy has a mini ham and onion quiche, 1/2 ham and cheese sandwich, cocktail sausages, sugar snap peas, red peppers and minstrels; which are like giant M&Ms.

Husband has the same except he has a roast beef and mustard sandwich with fancy balsamic vinegar onion cheese and peanut M&Ms which should be a nice surprise as I told him last night I'd eaten all the peanut M&Ms and he laid a small guilt trip on me for it although the words "Greedy cow," never crossed his lips, I know he was thinking it.

I'm still on this kick to prove that you can make bento that are suitable for adults and children alike so there's not really a need to waste a ton of time making one special over the other. I admit this isn't full or salami flowers and mooli designs and whatnots, but it still fits the bill. Tell me if you think otherwise, I may be deluding myself and not be aware of it.

3 comments:

K and S said...

good for you for making the same bento for your child and husband! I don't think you should go out of your way to make "special" items unless someone is allergic.

Overboard said...

I think it's cool your hubby has a bento. Much better than spending money on eating out for lunch.

eilis alana said...

Yeah Lyvvie!!!

Thanks for being a shining beacon to those of us who want to feed our families well and attractively!

Function and form - in its simplicity - is beautiful too!!!!!!


I have mentioned your post on my blog today - and linked to it.