Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bento for 03.02.09

Bento for 03.02.09

Sassy gets two basmati rice onigiri filled with curried turkey and sweet potato, sausages, red pepper, carrots, sugar snap peas, cup of curried sweet potato and roll-up ham and cheese on a pick.

Dinner was sweet potato and turkey curry, so leftovers were a big help. the potatoes were wonderful. I tried to make the onigiri look like they had snow on them since we had out first snow yesterday.

While making the bento, I was putting rice and curry anti the box for Husband when he asked if he could have a sandwich instead. He doesn't get to heat up his lunch and he didn't want cold curry. Fine - girlpants. Boring sandwich for you it is. :P

5 comments:

Overboard said...

I wish you were my mummy.Your bentos rock.

jomamma said...

Haha... I'm going to start calling my hubby 'girlpants' when he's whining.

I like your snow, looks great. I wish you would show at picture tutorial on how you make onigiri.

Amy said...

My mom has a little sign in her bathroom that says "Put your big girl pants on and deal with it."

Lyvvie said...

Thanks Maria, that was sweet of you to say.

Judith: I cheat and use a triangle onigiri maker which you can get cheap at Ichibankan. But I'll show you a link to great tutorial for handmade ones, it's where I learned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACOmKiJDkA4

I love her videos.

Amy - I should have that!

jomamma said...

Thanks Lyvvie, that's a cool video. Her onigiri are huge! I'd only need to eat one that size.

I have a sign in my kitchen that says "Try our delicious sandwiches... nobody likes a coward."