Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bentos for 10.02.09

Bento for  10.02.09

Heart shaped onigiri coloured with beetroot concentrate (I'm sure he'll love a pink onigiri!) with soy shrimp inside, ham flowers. ham wrapped green beans, red peppers, sausages and a super sweet orange pepper stuffed with salami and cheddar. Bottom has mixed giant raisins and dried cherries, brazil nuts, cookie and a cheese stick.

Today is the last day of school for the week as the kids break up for February holidays. I have no clue why they need another holiday as it feels like they only just went back from New Year, but anyways...

Bento for 10.02.09

Heart shaped onigiri that I formed around a small heart shaped cutter to make a depression so I could fill it on top with cheese and is coloured with beetroot concentrate, salami, and ham layers. Broccoli, mini gherkins, sausage, carrot sticks in a red pepper ring, olice stuffed with feta and tamagoyaki

2 comments:

Overboard said...

I love your bentos!!!

jomamma said...

Very nice. I went to the Asian market over the weekend to get some glass lock and lock containers. As the cashier was putting them from largest to smallest in my net shopping bag and tying the bag shut, I said "just like a bento." She was shocked and said "you know bento?" Then she said something to the next cashier that I couldn't understand. I may have been right about my suspicion of being the only non Asian in North Texas that knows about bentos....