Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bento for 3/8/09

Bento for 3/8/09

We are back to the bento, although I forgot to take pictures last week - getting back into the routine has been a struggle but hopefully this will spark back the habit. We recently emigrated to Australia, so all kinds of new things to try.

Sassy gets edamame, ham and cheese roll up made with this extremely thin and strong wrap from an Australian company called Mountain Bread - that are fabulous! They come in squares and will be nori substitutes in the future. You can look them up at: www.mountainbread.com.au

The bottom tier has some homemade banana and date bread, some jelly sweets and a wee packet of red bean paste.

I've really enjoy having lots of Japanese markets to choose from and have had a grand time visiting them. Sadly, very lacking on actual bento boxes. I think I'll have to submit to using Ebay and mail order for my fix. Or figure out how to start my own bento shop.

Later this week - there will be kangaroo in the bento. Yum!

3 comments:

jomamma said...

Woo Hoo, just in time for me going back to school. Our Asian markets don't stock Bento supplies either, I think I'm going to slip them the website for Daiso.

arkonite_babe said...

I'm so jealous!!! Wish I was in Oz instead of being stuck in liquid sunshine in Northern Ireland!!!

Good luck to all of you and I can't wait to read what bento finds you come up with :0)

Flying Lily said...

That mountain bread looks terrific.