Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bentos for 10th and 11th November

Bentos for 10.11.09

Yesterday...
Left one is for Sassy and the right one is for Shorty, who I made bento for because she went with me to school and sat contently while I practiced playing radio.

They both contain chicken tenders covered in potato, some salad leaves on the base, hot dog shapes (attempted crab and octodog, flowers that look more like anemones), carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes and corn cobs. Red peppers and carrots for flowers.

Today...

Sassy Bento 11.11.09

Ooo...just suddenly got excited about 11.11.11 when the date is all one number That will be fun! (If you're a dork for that kind of thing - Which I Am!) Do you think they were excited or predicting the End Of Days back in 11.11.1111 or did they even care back then that it was a full streamed date?

Anyways...

Today's bento has quail eggs which I didn't tart up too much but will look into tarting-up alternatives. Cucumber, lettuce, red pepper and some crab sticks with two ham and cheese sandwiches with ketchup on home made bread. I put a couple corncobs in a separate box.

Just noticed the panda faced egg looks more like a snowman. Ah well! First time I've used the tiny face punches, so live-n-learn.


Yes I did just cut-n-paste from the flickr blurbs. I'm busy! Sorry.

11 comments:

jomamma said...

I thought Shorty would have started school this year.

Judy said...

You mean November in your title, don't you? I like your profile picture and fishsticks.

Judy said...

Er, I mean chickensticks. lol Added you to my blogroll.

Flying Lily said...

I have trouble with crab-dogs too. I have a cutter but it takes off their legs in a cruel manner. Cute bentos as always!!!

Lyvvie said...

Yes, November. Thank you! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Lyvvie said...

Anonymous - Thank you very much for your compliments.

Jomama - Shorty would've started in August in Scotland, but the cut off ages are different in Australia and she was two weeks out so she'll start in February next year.

jomamma said...

That's fantastic news... I think the start dates are too early here in the states or at least in Texas. Instead of having them be 5 on or before Sept 1, I think they should roll that back to May 1. Those kids who turn 5 in the summer are sometimes so immature and not ready, especially right along side kids who had turned 5 in Sept. the year before.
Not that Shorty can't hold her own up against older kids... we know she can. You may notice she'll do better grades wise too later on.

veganf said...

Very colourful!

Token (Bento-Lunch-Blog) said...

I love the colors of this Bento! *__*