Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wait...how is it Wednesday??

I've just realised I've forgotten to upload the bentos for monday and Tuesday. Got them up on flickr but forgot to add them to the blog. It's the whole point of having the blog.

Monday 01.03.10 Snack Bento

Snack Bento for 1.03.10

On Mondays the school offers a hot lunch. I can't afford a whole lunch for two kids, but two mains, like a Hawaiian pizza slab($2.50) and a hot dog ($2.20) plus my box of snacks is a perfect compromise.

School lunch is different at our school as there is no cafeteria. Hot lunch day is like ordering from a café, complete with itemized menu and no set meals. A hot main item with many side items could cost over $10 per child. I find that exorbitant.

Each box has cucumber, green grapes, red pepper ring, carrots, orange tomatoes and sliced rock peach. box of sultanas and apricots. Sassy gets a yogurt tube and Shorty gets a banana. That's quite a lot to keep them going through the day.

Tuesday 02.03.10 Pizza Bento

Pizza Bento 02.03.10

I made a quick pizza on flat bread, chicken nuggets and potato swirls. Carrots, grapes, capsicum and cucumber with a small box of raisins.

I don't know why I couldn't manage one box for both girls, but I'm not going to stress over it. Sassy will have a slightly less soggy pizza than Shorty. Although I did try and keep the cucumber away from the pizza in Shorty's.

I did a post about flat bread pizza here, and a video here for Naan bread pizza which was done in Scotland before we had the kitchen renovated, very unprepared and it's me talking to myself, pretty much.

1 comment:

Asha said...

Looks delicious, especially those peaches!