Monday, March 8, 2010

Wiener Fish Bento for 09.03.10

Wiener Fish Bento 9.03.10Wiener Fish Bento 9.03.10

They have: grapes, red pepper heart (Was naturally that way) a home made fruit cake, cherry tomato. Mains have wiener fish and octodog, cucumber and salad with red and green apples and an orange slice.

The fruit cake is a super easy recipe and only has three ingredients:

2 cups of self rising flour
1.5 cups mixed dried fruit
2 tins of condensed milk

Mix the milk and flour until well combined then add in the dried fruit and combine well. Pour into a medium sized brownie pan and bake for 30ish minutes at 180C.

My oven is rubbish so I have to check it every 6 minutes from 25 minutes on, to make sure it's not under or over cooked. I found if I left them in the oven until lightly browned on top and then turned off the heat and left them in the oven for another 15 minutes, that worked well.

These come out firm and chewy. Shorty made this batch, so it's a great recipe to let the kids have a turn baking.

Next time we make this I'll add coconut and some vanilla because to me, all cake needs vanilla.

No comments: