Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Grapefruits Are Falling!!

...on my head!

Seriously, it's dangerous out under my grapefruit tree just now. It's dropping fruit everywhere and I've been busy making lots of jam. We're a bit sick of grapefruit jam just now. So yesterday I thought I'd try and make some grapefruit curd. Here's the recipe I followed, except I added an extra half a cup of sugar because these are yellow grapefruit and they're really sour. I also didn't leave any zest in the curd. It's come out amazingly good. Zingy, sweet, tart. My salivary glands are aching from over-stimulation.

Today I made a grapefruit curd, apple and pear tart and some mini popovers with the same ingredients. I sprinkled in some cinnamon and brown sugar and baked on high for 20 minutes (or until I started to smell the sugar on the pan burning)

Grapefruit curd tart

5 comments:

jomamma said...

Nice.... and the Blog looks sweet too.

Nej said...

Those look amazing!!!!!!

Sister Bee said...

wooooooooooooooooooow
lovely layout!!!

you´re really good with this things

mr. pineapple man said...

I am so jealous of your grapefruit tree!! and the tart looks delicious!

charsiubau (Bento-Mania) said...

The grapefruit curd looks interesting. I have to try it too.