Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Bento

Sassy is 11 today!

11th Birthday Bento

I didn't plan out a fancy birthday bento, because, well she doesn't eat them and it wouldn't have been all that big a deal. But she did ask for avocado maki roll and I arranged the avocado so it made an 11. No really, it's not a pig snout, it's an 11.

Also included are carrot sticks, Granny Smith apple, small mandarin orange, roll egg and a wiener fish.

Bento for 17.06.10

Shorty gets carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, Granny Smith apple, rolled egg slices and a wiener fish. there's slice of bread under the mini onigiri to lift them up and they just have a bit of carrot in them, with bread as a divider.

They both got a slice of Lamington as a dessert but it's not photographed. Here's a recipe though. We bought a giant one for Sassy's birthday cake and she's already dug into it. It's her birthday, so why not.

10 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

that is so sweet of you!! happy birthday to Sassy!

K and S said...

happy birthday!

jomamma said...

What is Lamington?

Lyndsey said...

Looks good. Happy Birthday Sassy! It's hard slipping a bento in when they won't eat it...:D

eilismaura said...

Belated happy birthday to Sassy and great work on the site and the bentos!!!

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!

Ange-Rika said...

I think your wiener fish is so adorable!

Crazy Easton Family said...

I have been eagerly perusing your blog over the last few days... devouring the details :) and googling words I don't understand (like furikake, etc)

I love it, thanks for posting your daily bentos, I finally took the plunge today! It turned out really cute and my 4yo veggielover LOVED it, she even ate her crown shaped sandwich (THANK YOU !!)

But I have a stupid question, are you supposed to reuse or throw out the little fishy shaped sauce bottles ?

Lyvvie said...

I keep sauce bottles and just suck-up and squeeze clean with warm soapy water. You don't have to, but I'm not sure how easy to recycle they are. The landfill must be overflowing them as the sushi places around here give out dozens of them per purchase. the sidewalks are littered with little red screwcaps.

I'm glad you're enjoying bento! It is fun and the kids seem more inclined to eat (except mine for some reason).

I should be better about taking pictures but I've slacked off with a new hobby. I'll update occasionally. In fact I should do my mini calzone recipe...

Cooking Gallery said...

I love the mini onigiri, they look totally adorable...:)!